Independent strategic advisor
John is passionate about social justice, fairness, human rights, localism and democracy. His professional, non-executive, trustee and voluntary work reflects these objectives. John’s successful career has been and continues to be values based.
John has worked in and now provides strategic advice to local government, the wider public sector, the voluntary and community sector, trade unions and businesses as well as academia; and includes contributing as
- senior executive
- strategic advisor and consultant
- senior local government politician
- director of a university research centre and a visiting university fellow
John provides strategic advice on
- leadership of change
- leadership especially leadership in a political setting and collaborative leadership
- strategic commissioning and public sector procurement including social value
- securing alternative finance including social
- public affairs and public policy
He also commentates and writes on these issues in the UK and internationally and mentors and supports leaders across the sectors including political leaders.